You can also visit her blog at priyakitchenette.blogspot.in/
Baby potatoes – 12
1 Finely chopped Onion
Tomato Purée - 1 cup (Pulse 3 ripe red tomatoes until smooth for purée)
Grated Ginger – 1 tsp
Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
Chopped Cashews – 1/3 cup (Soak them for in little water for 30 minutes)
Dry Fenugreek leaves/Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp (Click here for home-made garam masala recipe)
Red chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Saunf/Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Shahi Jeera/Caraway seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Salt to taste
Sugar – 1 tsp
Cooking Oil – 2 tbsp
Fresh Cream – 3 tbsp ( I used amul low-fat cream)
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1) Add chopped onions,ginger, cashews, fennel seeds and garlic in your blender and blitz it until smooth and keep it aside.
2) Boil baby potatoes,peel them and prick potatoes all over with the help of a fork. Add 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry baby potatoes on low flame for few minutes till they turn golden brown. Remove from pan and keep it aside.
2) Add 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and when oil is warm add shahi jeera, cloves, cinnamon and saute for few seconds.
3) Now add onion paste and saute for few minutes till oil separates from the gravy.
4) Add tomato purée, garam masala, turmeric powder, sugar, red chilly powder and mix it well. Lower the flame and let it cook for 2 minutes.
5) Now add 2 tbsp cream and mix well. Always blend the cream for few minutes before adding.
6) Add fried baby potatoes and some water if you feel the gravy is too thick and mix well. Now add salt and cook it on low flame for few minutes.
7) Add dried fenugreek leaves and cardamom powder and mix well. Transfer into a bowl and add some cream and coriander leaves for garnishing.
You can serve this dish for lunch or dinner with steamed rice or tandoori roti/naan.