My friend Ainy at Ainy cooks sent me this recipe for Singaporaen Rice, I do hope you enjoy it.
You can follow Ainy on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AinyCooks
And on http://www.ainycooks.com/
Singaporean Rice is a very famous and popular rice dish in Pakistan.Thou i am not sure these are basically from Singapore or not but in Wedding menus this aromatic rice platter topped with creamy sauce and fried noodles is a hot favorite of all.
This recipe is again of my favorite Chef, Zakir and make my words this is the best recipe around.
|Chicken breast fillets||3-4|
|Garlic cloves||4 nos|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Red chili flakes||1 tbsp (adjust according to your taste buds)|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Oyster sauce||2 tbsp|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 tbsp|
|Ketchup (optional)||2 tbsp|
|Chilli garlic sauce||2 tbsp|
|White pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
|Corn flour||2 tbsp dissolve in water.|
|Oil||for frying noodles and for cooking.|
- Boil water and add Turmeric or pinch of yellow food color in water. Add noodles and boil till soft.
- Drain noodles add in hot oil fry them.
- Place them on paper towel after frying.
- In a deep pan add water ,add salt, cumin seeds and 2 tbsp oil, boil it and add rice.Boil till done.
- Cut green chillies and garlic cloves longitudinal and fry both in oil, set a side.
- Cut carrot, capsicum and cabbage in cubes.
- In a pan add oil and add ginger garlic paste and stir for few seconds then add chicken cut in cubes, again fry it till color change.
- Add all vegetables and fry on high flame and start adding salt,white pepper, black pepper, oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce , ketchup, and chili garlic sauce. Stir it and add 1/2 cup chicken stock , add corn flour dissolved in water.
- It will become thick , remove from stove and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, red chili flakes and water to make a creamy sauce.
- Now in a dish give layer of boiled rice then spread chicken and vegetable gravy on rice.Again give layer of rice and then spread mayo sauce and fried green chillies and garlic.
- Spread noodles and serve.
- A lot of cooking steps involved in this dish. Take my advice and start from frying green chillies and garlic.
- Then boil noodles and fry ,set aside. During frying start boiling rice.
- Cut vegetables. and as soon as your rice done cook chicken gravy.
- Make a Mayo sauce and arrange all the things on counter in front of you.
- Start layering and serve hot….:)
- Singaporean rice does contain a high spice level for kids so be careful during mixing rice with gravy. Or you can cut down spices according to your taste.